POUR VOUS

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Last weekend, I went to Pour Vous with my best friend Tessa and her boyfriend Gabe. The French-chic bar is yet another creation from brothers Mark and Jonnie Houston (Harvard and Stone and La Descarga) with the oh-so-common mixologist vibe. What hasn't been done before (at least not that I've seen) is the drink I ordered. A Vadouvan Lassi to be exact... with rum, lime, coconut, falernum, bitters, and CURRY. It tasted like a delicious Indian dessert. 


Tessa was smitten on the Moulin Rouge... vodka, aperol, citrus, orgeat, strawberry, bitters and bubbles. In her words: "I asked for a vodka drink and they gave me a jamba juice." 


Overall, the scene is more hollywood than hipster (spotted many a lady in a sparkly dress), but nonetheless, a definite come back to. And, the smoking area is an old train car. Gimmicky maybe... but I loved it. 





Yes, that is a band-aid on my leg.
 

1 comment:

  1. Believe I've had the privilege of meeting the aforementioned Vadouvan Lassi. A bit too much on the filling side. I prefer to keep meals separate from my mixed drinks. Nonetheless, a tasty treat. See you on the next train, Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete